Friday, March 09, 2007

Sunny Came Home




The picture above is my adorable senior golden, Sunny. This special guy is the subject of the two portraits below, that won awards at the Art Show At The Dog Show. Sunny is drawn in pastel pencils and his portrait dimensions are 11 x 14".

Sunny is recovering from a series of cluster seizures that occurred randomly two weeks ago. While he hasn't seizured since, he is quite sedate. He mostly rests and sleeps. I took the reference photo for this portrait while he was napping in the sunlight. He always looks like he belongs in a calendar, in front of a crackling fireplace when he naps. He just has the classic golden retriever look.

2 comments:

studio lolo said...

What a wonderful portrait of Sunny! I'm so glad the seizures stopped. I hope the cause of them doesn't come back. Congrats on your awards. I love the B&W kitty portrait...they're all great!

Anonymous said...

Mia, I hope you don't mind my commenting, but I've truly enjoyed seeing your artwork, and Aunt Debi told me about your awards! Your work is inspiring. Mom