Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grey Squirrel



I absolutely love grey squirrels. They sort of resemble cartoonish characters. There is always a rolly-polly grey squirrel in every yard that I've owned. They are perpetually scavenging for nuts and then bouncing across the lawn with their treats. It's amazing how such a chubby critter can remain acrobatic.

When I was young, I had a stuffed grey squirrel toy. He was a special surprise after I underwent surgery on my adnoids and had tubes placed in my ears. I always found him very comforting and I used to give him to my brother for comfort when he needed a plush, fuzzy toy to hug.

In honor of my plump, fuzzy squirrel friends, I have created this drawing. It is 8 x 10" in size and drawn in soft pastels on smooth, white vellum. I hope that he brings you much joy in the midst of the current snowy weather!

0 comments: