Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Fabric Softener




Yeay! I'm finally managing to keep up with my blog. In between making prints, cards, and magnets, I've found time to work on some new artwork for my portfolio. Since I enjoyed drawing the previous long-haired cat so much in charcoal, I decided to create another black and white cat drawing.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, but I gave it a clever name. It may be a bit corny, but it makes me giggle. The "Fabric Softener" is my own kitty, Molly. Do your cats like to nap on laundry? Mine does. If I have a pile of clean laundry spread on my bed, ready to fold, she will curl up in a nest of clothes that smell like Morning Fresh scent. I don't enjoy little black cat hairs on my fresh light clothes, but it happens. And, it's cute.

I snapped a pic of my kitty caught in the act of filling my clothes with cat hair. Then, I drew a piece based on the photographic image. The drawing is 11x14" landscape in size. It's drawn in pressed charcoal sticks on smooth, white vellum.

0 comments: