Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On The Drawing Board - Cat In A Box



Yes! I have finally posted actual artwork. The piece above is called "Cat In A Box", because... well... it's the wittiest title that I can come up with at the moment. The kitty is named Kiwi and belongs to my in-laws. She is a silver tabby and the reference photo was taken when she decided that a mailing box looked like a comfortable location for scoping out the kitchen.

The drawing is rendered in pastels and right now is in the beginning stages. I am laying down the "undercoat" of color. Things won't begin to look realistic until I can add more dark and light values. At least, I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will look realistic. You never can tell what will happen with a drawing until you jump in.

It's been a few weeks since I have worked on pastels. This piece is a fun piece for me to get my feet wet with. I'll post my progress as the piece comes along...

0 comments: